The Old School House, near Saint Emilion, France
Welcome to Aquitaine and the tiny hilltop village of Pujols . . . welcome to the wonderful Old School House.
Stunning gite with private pool, beside ancient abbey. Wow.
When Morag and Laurence Young found this property in 2010, they fell in love with it. So many things make it special – is it the quiet hilltop village? The local cafes and restaurants? The markets of ancient Saint Foys or Bergerac? Or the idle cycling among the vines?
Perhaps its a bit of all of this, and more. Whatever, this is a magical and romantic spot and the family invite you to discover it for yourself.
For couples, its a cosy, quiet and romantic hideaway. Think sitting on the lower terrace in the warm of evening and enjoying a glass of chilled wine as the sun sets way over the valley below, in the far west. For families, the space seems to go on and on and there are bedrooms aplenty, bathooms everywhere, lots to do with even bikes in the “old classroom”.
What’s special about this place? The main things we love:
- It’s easy to get to: lots of flights to Bordeaux, and then only 50 mins away (Bergerac is even closer).
- The location – incredible views down over vineyards and woodland, to the Dordogne.
- Gorgeous walks, cycles and excursions with wonderful food and brilliant wines all along the way!
- Spacious house – with a sense of history alongside modern refurbishments and comforts.
- Private swimming pool, shaded cloister and huge rambling garden.
- Lots to do for all the family – canoeing on the local lake, ancient villages, chateau and vineyards, the sea and coast at Arcachon.
More information on our AirBnB site here, but please do book direct with us.
Please do check availability and book direct with us now:
This relaxed gite commands an amazing panorama out across the the vineyards of Dordogne valley to Saint Emilion.
Do please call me or email with any questions.
0044 7860 558005
There are 4 bedrooms (and one has an adjoining bunk). So she sleeps 10.
2 of the bedrooms are really big, and have an extra single bed in them, so thats 12. There are put-up beds and a cot, so she will sleep more but the comfortable cap is 12 (this is NOT a party house, please!).
There are three toilets and three shower/bath rooms (two of the bedrooms are ensuite).
There’s a large lounge, a modern kitchen (fully refurbished in 2022), an outside covered cloister (perfect for summer eating) and the pool. Then a small front garden and a big rambling rear garden, that spreads on down from a lower terrance and disappears in woodland.
Convenient, free car parking on the village lane, just outside the house.